Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chicken Soup

Who would have thought a person could really get sick of chicken soup?  It smells SO good, but it was met with a chorus of  "oh man! Not chicken soup again!" lol!
I am feeling very limited in my cooking.  I am going to have to start experimenting...when I finish the laundry, plan the school year, buy uniforms for the boys, sign up for classes for me...and oh yes, the highlight...book a vaction for Jeff and I.
We are having chicken soup tonight...only it is SPECIAL chicken soup.  It is out first meat bird chicken soup.  I grew it (well I didn't lay it and hatch it!) but I grew it from chickhood, butchered it with my neighbors help and now it is cooking in a pot with onions garlic and carrots and potatoes.
YUM!  I hope I don't get funky about eating one of my "baby hughies"!
Chicken soup is good for the soul.  I NEED chicken soup both mentally and physically right now. 
It has been a LONG week. 
Peanut got stitches on Monday.  Tuesday a friends hubby was diagnosised with cancer and yesterday my mom told me my dad's sick too.
The world keeps spinning and life goes on even when yours is in upheval!  Only God knows His plans for us.  I pray they are in line with my ideals, but I know His will WILL be done.
We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. Roman 8:28

No comments:

The love of my life and I.

The love of my life and I.