Saturday, June 21, 2008

Another Dead End

C-man had his appointment with the nutritionist this week. Basically the only good thing we got out of it was that we now know he isn't eating NEARLY enough (Duh) He is eating about 800 calories a day, but with him being below the charts with weight and in the 10-25% for his height he NEEDS to be eating 1200-1400 calories!!!!!!!
Please tell me how to MAKE my child eat! I have yet to figure this technique out with all 3 of my kids! He THROWS his food in the floor! He has however, discovered dipping! He LOVES to dip! So I give him GF ketsup and GF/DF ranch (don't ask!) He happily sits and dips, but he only eats maybe half of what he dips! Mainly he uses the food to suck the dip off!
She told us, that she felt really bad that she wasn't more help, but everything that she would recommend I was already doing (yeah me!, score 2 pts for mama!)
Short of the fact he needs to eat more, she had no recommendations! Basically I need to figure out how to get high calories foods into the items he DOES like to eat. Ideas?? Email me!
She did give us the "If you we don't see an improvement, worse case scenario" talk. Totally freaked me out of course! She said that if he didn't at least get ON the chart that the Dr could decide that he would need a feeding tube at night! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pray that we can figure out foods that are safe, and don't give him the poops, that he will discover a fondness for eating high calorie foods, and that it NEVER comes to that! I don't think that is something I could handle. Praying good doesn't think so either!
Hugs....

No comments:

The love of my life and I.

The love of my life and I.